Acceptance by Use: Please note that by using our products, you are agreeing to the policies contained within this policy, as MerchantYard as the terms and conditions applicable to our products which are incorporated by reference herein.
I. Information from Website Browsers
When you use our products, regardless of whether or not you have a registered account, MerchantYard may collect information from your visit. Most Websites collect the same type of information. Also, please note that our Website uses common internet technologies, such as cookies, to obtain information. Here is the information that MerchantYard may collect from you during your visit:
- The type of operating system and/or browser that you are using to visit our website or products;
- Your language preference;
- The website that referred you to us (if applicable);
- The date and time of your visit
- Your IP address (please note that this could be potentially personally-identifiable information).
- Your activity on our website or products;
II. Information from Users with Registered Accounts
In addition to the information collected in subsection I above, when you register for an account with MerchantYard, MerchantYard will ask you to provide some additional personal information. MerchantYard may collect this information via the internet, telephone, in-person, or other methods. The personal information that MerchantYard may collect includes:
- Your full name.
- Your e-mail address (please note that by providing your e-mail address you are consenting to MerchantYard contacting you through that method for purposes including marketing).
- Your billing address.
- Your payment information (i.e. credit card number, etc.), including CSV numbers or other fraud-reducing details (please note that MerchantYard does not store this information, and is instead processed automatically by our payment provider – Stripe. For any questions related to how cards are processed, please contact Stripe directly.).
- Your username and password (created by you).
III. How MerchantYard Use the Information Collected
Once MerchantYard collect any of the above described information from you, MerchantYard may use that information for one or more of the following reasons:
- Communicating with you in general, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- Account-related questions and/or concerns;
- Billing purposes including:
- Processing purchases;
- Tracking transactions;
- Fraud prevention
- Marketing purposes
- Providing services associated with our products as requested by you;
- Analyzing our business statistics;
- Personalizing your MerchantYard experience;
- Complying with legal and/or governmental requests and/or requirements;
- Providing and/or delivering information to Third Parties.
IV. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Rest assured, MerchantYard does not sell, transfer, or otherwise disclose your personal information to an unaffiliated third party. Notwithstanding, sometimes an event occurs or a situation arises whereby MerchantYard must disclose or otherwise provide your information to a third party. These situations include but are not limited to:
- Providing payment information to payment processing companies including but not limited to credit card processing companies;
- Providing information as requested and/or required by legal and/or governmental authorities;
- Fraud prevention
In accordance with the applicable laws of the United States of America, MerchantYard will not disclose your consumer information without your written consent, except as necessary to comply with a court order or other legal and/or governmental request and/or requirement, and/or to complete the billing/payment process. By using MerchantYard products, you are consenting to the disclosure of your information for the above stated purposes.
V. Protecting Your Information
MerchantYard engages in appropriate and standard industry security protocols to ensure protection of your personal information. MerchantYard cannot guarantee, nor does MerchantYard warrant, absolute security of your information, insofar as no information and/or data transmitted via the internet is absolutely secure. Please note that MerchantYard data and/or information may be stored on a server in a location or jurisdiction with different laws than the jurisdiction in which you reside, and may be subject to requests and/or access from legal and/or governmental authorities different than those where you reside.
VI. European Economic Area (“EEA”) Notice
Transfers of Personal Information
MerchantYard is a data controller and responsible for your Personal Information, which MerchantYard may process and store in United States of America. The European Commission has decided that United States of America ensures an adequate level of protection of individuals’ Personal Information. Company may use the following safeguards when transferring your personal information to a country, other than United States of America, that is not within the EEA:
(a) Only transfer your Personal Information to countries that have been deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information;
(b) Where MerchantYard use certain service providers, MerchantYard may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Information the same protection it has in the EU.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you may have rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request correction of your personal information.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information.
- Right to withdraw (revoke) consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact MerchantYard.
No Fee Usually Required
You do not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, MerchantYard my charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, MerchantYard may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What MerchantYard May Need From You
MerchantYard may need to request specific information from you to help us to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. MerchantYard may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit to Respond
MerchantYard tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one (1) month. Occasionally it may take us longer than one (1) month if your request is particularly complex and/or you have made a number of requests. In this case, MerchantYard will notify you and provide you with updates.
If you have any questions about the MerchantYard Terms of Service, or if you wish to provide any feedback please contact us: email@example.com